Ida County Courthouse
In 1872, before there were any
other buildings in the town of Ida Grove, the first courthouse was built. Fire
destroyed the building along with county records in 1877.
The present courthouse
was begun in 1880 and finished in 1883. It was built in Victorian style and has
a 110-foot tower. In 1930 and again in 1936, the interior of the building was
remodeled to include more office space. An administration annex was added in
1982. The two and one-half story building is still serving the county.