Worth County Courthouse
In 1879, some years after the
organization of the county, an attempt was made to move the county seat from
Northwood to the town of Kensett. In order to retain the honor of being the
county seat, Northwood raised money for a courthouse and contributed land for
the site. A fine brick courthouse was built in Northwood in 1880. The total
cost was about $4,400.
The present courthouse,
completed in 1893, is solid brick, with a small tower. It was enlarged and
remodeled in 1938.