Wright County Courthouse
The first court sessions in Wright
County were held in a log cabin in 1855. When the county seat moved to Liberty,
a two-story frame building became the courthouse. In 1866, the county seat
again moved, this time to Clarion. The former courthouse in Liberty was torn
down in 1913.
The second courthouse was
built very well and showed hardly any signs of wear after 50 years. This
building was turned into the greater part of the Avondale Hotel.
The third and present
courthouse was built for about $50,000 and completed in 1893. The courthouse is
three stories high except for the clock tower, which rises high above the
multi-gabled roof. It underwent extensive renovation in 1974.