Henry F. Wagner (1927 - 1932)
Served on the Iowa
Supreme Court from September 6, 1927, when he was appointed to fill the vacancy
occasioned by the death of Justice Charles W, Vermilion, until December 31,
1932. For six months he was Chief Justice.
Born in Keokuk County,
February 11, 1874, he was graduated from the Law Department of the University
of Iowa in 1898. He engaged immediately in the private practice of law at
Sigourney. For twenty years he accepted no public office unti11919 when he
became a Judge of the District Court where he continued until coming on the
Supreme Bench. After his retirement from the bench he returned to the private
practice of law at Sigourney.
Justice Wagner died at
Sigourney November 10, 1943