Henry K. Peterson (1955 - 1965)
Served on the Iowa
Supreme Court from November 3, 1955, following his appointment, to June 30,
1965, when he resigned. He served as Chief Justice for six months.
Born in Council Bluffs,
Iowa, March 16, 1884. He was graduated from the Drake University College of Law
in 1908 and began the practice of law at Council Bluffs.
He served in several
municipal capacities in that city, including City Attorney from 1918 to 1922,
as well as Chairman of the City Planning Commission.
Following his retirement
from the court, Justice Peterson briefly practiced law with his son, Richard W.
Peterson, and others at Council Bluffs until his death, October 7, 1966.