If you have been excused from the rules of electronic registration and electronic filing, go to the Excused Filers page.
You must use Adobe Acrobat Reader to complete court forms. Get Adobe Acrobat Reader here.
Before You Begin
- Read the eFile User Guide (PDF).
- Register for an account on the eFile Login page.
Steps to Filing a Lawsuit in Iowa
- Prepare your documents (petition, original notice, etc.)
- Get free, official court forms and instructions for completing them
- Preparing and scanning documents (PDF)
- Redact protected information from your documents.
- Log in to your account and specify the case.
- For a new lawsuit
- For an existing lawsuit.
- Enter applicable case information and documents.
- Review your filing information and pay applicable filing fees.
- Submit the filing.
- Check the status of your filings.
Instructions for Filing an Appeal
Instructions for Changing Your Personal Information
You must maintain a valid email address in the eFile system. Update your personal information You also must notify the clerk of court when you change your contact information.