If you have been excused from the rules of electronic registration and electronic filing, go to the Excused Filers page.
Before You Begin
- Read the eFile User Guide (PDF).
- Register for an account on the eFile Login page.
Steps to Filing a Lawsuit in Iowa
- Prepare your documents (petition, original notice, etc.)
- Log in to your account and specify the case.
- For a new lawsuit
- For an existing lawsuit.
- Enter applicable case information and documents.
- Review your filing information and pay applicable filing fees.
- Submit the filing.
- Check the status of your filings.
Instructions for Filing an Appeal
Instructions for Changing Your Personal Information
You must maintain a valid email address in the eFile system. Update your personal information You also must notify the clerk of court when you change your contact information.