Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

Can I get a jury trial for my case?

Yes, for a civil trial about money damages in district court you can have a trial by jury or just to a judge (a “bench trial”). If you want a jury trial, you should request it in your petition. A defendant may also request a jury trial in the defendant’s answer to the petition.

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.