You will need to tell the court the following things in the Petition:
- Who you are and who abused, exploited, or neglected you or the vulnerable elder you are assisting.
- How the defendant abused, exploited, or neglected you or the vulnerable elder you are assisting.
- Your relationship or the vulnerable elders’ relationship with the defendant.
- Where the defendant can be located in person.
- The most recent time the defendant abused, exploited, or neglected you, and how the defendant abused, exploited, or neglected you, or threatened to abuse, exploit, or neglect you, including where and when this happened.
- Any other injuries or threats you received from the defendant, including how the injuries or threats happened and where and when you were hurt or threatened.
- Whether you want your case kept confidential from the public.
- What you would like the court to do for you. For example, you could ask the court to order the defendant to stop the abuse and stay away from you, your home, or the family home. The court could order the defendant to not contact you personally or through another person or by phone, social media, writing, or any other way. The court could order defendant to provide housing, transportation, or financial support.