If you need help with these instructions or how to prepare and file a Petition, you may contact:
- A private attorney.
- Iowa Legal Aid at 800.532.1275 (M – F, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm) or at www.iowalegalaid.org.
- The Iowa State Bar Association “Find-A-Lawyer” at https://www.iowafindalawyer.com/.
- Your local Area Agency on Aging at 800.532.3213 (M – F, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm), https://www.iowaaging.gov/areaagencies-
- Your local domestic violence or sexual assault victim advocacy program. If you are not sure who provides services
- in your area, call the Iowa Victim Service Call Center Hotline at 800.770.1650, or text IOWAHELP to 20121
- (available 24/7), or http://survivorshelpline.org/.
- The county attorney where you are filing your petition may provide help.
Note: Clerks of court cannot give legal advice or tell you what to write on court forms.