Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

What if I do not understand how to do this?

If you need help with this process, you may contact:

  • A private attorney.
  • Iowa Legal Aid at 800.532.1275 (M – F, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, and at
  • The Iowa State Bar Association “Find-A-Lawyer” at Your local sexual abuse victim advocacy program. If you are not sure who provides services in your area, call the confidential Iowa Victim Service Call Center Hotline at 800.770.1650, or text IOWAHELP to 20121 (available 24/7).
  • The county attorney where you are filing your petition may provide help. Note: Clerks of court cannot give legal advice or tell you what to write on court forms.

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.