Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content


I filed a claim for money judgment against a person. Now the person has filed for bankruptcy. How will the bankruptcy case affect my case against that person?

Bankruptcy matters can be very complicated and you should talk to an attorney about how the person’s bankruptcy filing affects your case. A bankruptcy filing may stop, or “stay,” small claims or other kinds of civil cases in state court.

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.