Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

Can someone from out of state have a person committed in Iowa?

Yes, the applicant may be from out of state.

Depending on the county, sometimes both the applicant and the person providing the corroborating affidavit or the licensed physician providing a written statement in support of the application are required to be at the hearing.

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.