Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

Complaints (Against Judges, Attorneys, Magistrates, Court Staff)

How do I file a complaint against a judge or magistrate?

Complaints against a judge or magistrate must be submitted to the Iowa Judicial Qualifications Commission (JQC). A complaint form and additional information about the complaint process and the judicial ethics rules are available on the JQC website at:

How do I file a complaint against a court employee other than a judge?

Complaints about the conduct of a judicial branch employee who is not a magistrate or judge should first be directed to the employee's immediate supervisor such as the Clerk of District Court, Chief Juvenile Court Officer, or District Court Administrator.

In addition, the Judicial Qualifications Commission has authority to review allegations of unethical conduct asserted against court employees.

How do I file a complaint against an attorney?

Complaints against attorneys must be submitted to the Iowa Supreme Court Attorney Disciplinary Board using the complaint form approved by the Iowa Supreme Court.

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.