Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

Court Forms and Records

Where can I find court forms?

Free and approved court forms for many kinds of cases are available on the Iowa Judicial Branch website at: Most of the forms are available in a fillable and savable format. The Iowa Judicial Branch also offers some forms in an interactive interview format.

How do I find court records?

Parties in a court case may access records and documents in their case through the Iowa Judicial Branch Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) at: If an attorney represents you in a case, you should contact your attorney.

Persons with internet access who are not parties can view general public information on Iowa court cases, but not documents, through Iowa Courts Online on the Iowa Judicial Branch website at: For more detailed information or if you do not have internet access, you may also go to the clerk of court office where the case is filed to view public court records and documents.

How can I check my court record?

You may find information about your case by searching Iowa Courts Online on the Iowa Judicial Branch website at:

On the right side of the page, under “Trial Court,” click on “Case Search.”

To conduct a search for any charge 18 months or older, you may also contact the Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation (DCI) through its website at:

Or, you may fill out DCI’s form, pay the required fee, and get a complete records search for the State of Iowa.

This is not supposed to be on my record. Why is it showing up?

If you believe the records are incorrect, contact the clerk of court office in the county where the case was filed. The clerk will investigate the matter. If you need further assistance, you should contact an attorney.

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.