Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

How do I plead guilty?

For simple misdemeanor cases, which have “SM” in the case number, some clerk of court offices provide forms for guilty pleas. You can submit the form, if available, or tell the judge you want to plead guilty when you make your first court appearance.

For more serious offenses, which have “SR,” “AG,” “OW,” or “FE” in the case number, contact an attorney or speak to the prosecutor.

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.