Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

Can I pay my child support directly to the other parent?

No. Any money given directly to the other parent could be considered a gift, and not reduce the amount of court ordered child support you owe. You should follow the directions of the divorce, custody, or support decree in place or talk to an attorney if you still have questions about paying child support.

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.