Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

How do I change my child support payments?

How to change child support payments depends on the circumstances of each case. If the child support amount was set in a dissolution (divorce) or custody decree, a petition to modify the decree is necessary. If your case is with the Child Support Recovery Unit, you should contact CSRU (1-888-229-9223) or visit the CSRU website at: In either instance you must file a specific request with the court. Forms and instructions for obtaining a modification of child support are available on the Iowa Judicial Branch website at:, then click on >Child Support and >Modifications.

Changing child support amounts can be complicated and you should talk to an attorney.

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.