Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

How do I get the court records to show I’ve paid my final child support obligation?

When you have made your final child support payment, the party receiving the child support payments is responsible for signing a document, duly acknowledged or notarized, confirming your “Satisfaction of Judgment.” A judge will have to approve the “Satisfaction of Judgment.” Section 624.37 of the Iowa Code addresses satisfaction of judgments. If you are unsure how to proceed, talk to an attorney.

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.