Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

I am moving to a different county or state. Do I still send my child support payment to the clerk’s office in this county? Or, do I send it to the clerk’s office in my new county?

Iowa Code section 252B.14 (3) requires child support payments to be made to the clerk’s office in the county where the child support order was filed. You should review the divorce decree or most recent support order, which should indicate where the support order is filed.

If your child support order involves the Child Support Recovery Unit, or if there is an income withholding order in your case, payments must be made to the Collection Services Center. See Iowa Code sections 252B.14(2) and 252B.14(4).

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.