Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

I filed a petition for custody and visitation for unmarried parents, but I have changed my mind. How do I dismiss this case?

You may file a Motion to Dismiss the case or a Dismissal of the case. If your spouse has filed an answer or response, both you and your spouse must sign the Motion to Dismiss or Dismissal. See Iowa Code section 598.3. The court may set a hearing on the motion.

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.