Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

I’m behind in paying child support. What should I do?

If you are behind in paying child support but are able to catch up on the payments, you should do so. You may want to visit with an attorney about your child support obligation and to discuss your options. If you cannot afford an attorney, you can contact the Child Support Recovery Unit of the Department of Human Services at 1-888/229-9223 (toll free) or visit the Child Support Recovery Unit website at, or contact Iowa Legal Aid.

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.