Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

My child graduated from high school. Do I still have to pay child support?

Generally, child support continues until the child turns 18, even if the child has already graduated from high school. You should follow the directions of the divorce, custody, or support decree in place or talk to an attorney if you still have questions about paying child support. If you are behind in your child support payments, you will have to pay the amount still owed even if your child has turned 18.

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.