Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

The other parent won’t let me see the kids. Do I still have to pay child support?

Yes. You must continue to make child support payments as long as there is a court order in place directing you to do so, even if the other will not let you visit your children. Visitation is a separate issue from child support. You should follow the directions of your divorce or custody decree and talk to an attorney regarding visitation issues.

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.