Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

How do I prove who the father of my child is (establish paternity)?

Iowa Code chapter 252F addresses establishment of paternity and chapter 600B discusses paternity and obligation for support of the child. There is also information available on the Iowa Judicial Branch website at:

Establishing or disestablishing paternity is a very important matter and can be very complicated. You should talk to an attorney.

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.