Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

How do I stop a garnishment?

If a garnishment has been placed on your wages, but you believe the garnishment is incorrect or should be stopped, you may file a “Motion to Quash Garnishment and Request for Hearing” (Iowa Court Rule form 3.20). This court form is available on the Iowa Judicial Branch website at:, click on Small Claims.

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.