Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

Is there something I can do when the clerk of court office is not open and this person is in immediate danger of hurting themselves or others?

You should take the person to a treatment facility if it is safe to do so. If you are concerned about safety, you should call law enforcement.

If a law enforcement officer has reasonable grounds to believe that a person has a serious mental impairment or a substance-related disorder, the officer may, without a warrant, take or cause that person to be taken to the nearest available facility. Or, the person may be delivered to a facility or hospital by someone other than a peace officer.

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.