Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

Where do I file an application for commitment?

The application may be filed with the clerk of court in the county where the respondent is located, or in the county where respondent lives.
If the courthouse is closed and it is an emergency, you may contact the local hospital or law enforcement agency for assistance.

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.