Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

How do I stop or end a minor guardianship?

To end a minor guardianship before the child turns 18, you must file a motion to request the court to terminate the guardianship, and the court may hold a hearing on the motion. When a child turns age 18, the minor guardianship automatically ends with the filing of a final report. See Iowa Code section 232D.503.

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.