Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

I won my case, how do I get my money?

Although most people with judgments against them pay voluntarily, some do not. There are court procedures for collecting a judgment when a party fails to pay. Collecting on judgments through garnishment or execution can be complicated and you should talk to an attorney.

You may work with the other party to collect payment without court intervention or, if necessary, you may follow a court procedure to enforce your judgment.

You may also seek garnishment of the other party’s wages. See Garnishment.

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.