Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

What if I can’t afford an attorney for my child in a delinquency proceeding?

If you cannot afford an attorney for your child, you should fill out an application for a court appointed attorney available on the Iowa Judicial Branch website at:, under Juvenile. Use form 3 or form 4 depending on the type of case. If the parents qualify, the court will appoint an attorney to represent the child. The parents may or may not be required to pay some of the attorney’s fees.

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.