Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

Should I have an attorney for my juvenile court case?

Juvenile court cases can be very complicated and have long-lasting effects. If you are involved in a juvenile case, you should talk to an attorney with experience handling juvenile court cases. If you cannot afford an attorney, you should fill out an application for a court appointed attorney available on the Iowa Judicial Branch website at:, under Juvenile. Use form 3 or form 4 depending on the type of case.

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.