Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

Motion to Quash

What is a motion to quash, and how do I do it?

A “motion to quash” is a request to the court to end enforcement of a court order or declare the order invalid. Sometimes parties desire to quash an injunction, subpoena, guilty plea, garnishment, or order for mandatory income withholding that has been filed against the person. A motion to quash must be filed with the court and served on another party.

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.