Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

Can I get a protective or no contact order on behalf of minor child or elder relative?

If you are seeking help for a vulnerable elder or minor child but not for yourself, you are the “Substitute Petitioner.” There are court forms available on the judicial branch website for getting relief from domestic, elder, or sexual abuse on behalf of a minor or other protected person. Forms are available on the Iowa Judicial Branch website at: If you need help with this process, you should contact an attorney.

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.