Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

How can I get a no-contact order in a criminal case against a person who has harmed me?

If a criminal charge has been filed, you should contact the county attorney’s office and request a no-contact order. Your request will then be set for a hearing, and you will be notified of the hearing date and time. If no criminal charge has been filed against the person who harmed you, you may still be eligible for a civil protective order. If that is your situation, there are fillable and savable petition forms on the Iowa Judicial Branch website with guides to assist you for domestic abuse, sexual abuse, and elder abuse cases. The forms and guides are available on the Iowa Judicial Branch website at:

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.