Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

How do I stop or change a protective or no contact order?

In a criminal case, to stop a no contact order you should contact the county attorney’s office. For a protective order, you must tell the court what needs to be changed. You can do this by filing a “Request to Cancel of Change a Protective Order.” This form is available for free on the Iowa Judicial Branch website at:, under the tabs “Domestic Abuse or Violence” and “Sexual Abuse” or at the clerk of court’s office.

« Back

© 2022 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.