Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

How do I file a claim against the Plaintiff?

If you are a Defendant, you can file a counterclaim against the Plaintiff if your claim arises from the same set of facts as the Plaintiff’s petition.

Filing a counterclaim can be complicated and in some cases failing to file a counterclaim can affect your rights. If you think you may have a counterclaim, you should consider talking to an attorney. Form 3.13 “Counterclaim against Plaintiff(s) is available in a fillable and savable format from the Iowa Judicial Branch website under the “Small Claims” tab at:

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.