Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

Will the court or state pay for an interpreter for parents in a divorce case who are ordered to take the Children in the Middle class?

No. Iowa law authorizes the court to appoint interpreters for legal proceedings or court proceedings. Although the Children in the Middle Program provides important training for parents and is required in divorce proceedings with children, it is not a legal or court proceeding as defined in chapter 47 of the Iowa Court Rules.

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.