The first Warren County courthouse was a log cabin structure built in 1851. The building was used for many different public functions. A second courthouse, a beautiful Victorian structure was constructed in 1868. In 1935, after being neglected for years, the walls began to bulge and the panels on the north side actually fell right onto the sidewalk. At that time, an $80,000 bond issue was approved for a third courthouse.
Warren County was very proud of its third courthouse, as evidenced by the nearly 19,000 people that turned out for the dedication of the building in 1939.