Dec 9, 2022: This service is available ONLY in Shelby, Sioux, Polk, Marshall, Dubuque, and Davis counties.
If you have a payment plan for fines or court costs from disposed cases, you can receive text messages about payments due.
How do payment plan reminders work?
If you have a payment plan on criminal, simple misdemeanor, or traffic cases, you can receive text messages about due dates.
What kind of reminders are sent?
Only reminders for payment plans are sent. This includes single-case payment plans and multi-case payment plans.
How often are reminders sent?
- Upcoming payment reminders sent five days and one day before payment due date.
- Overdue reminder the day after the due date.
What time of day are messages sent?
Messages are sent at 1 PM.
How do I sign up?
- Public case: Either send “SUB” <CASE_ID>” to 1-844-226-1554 or contact your county clerk of court and ask to be signed up.
- Confidential: Case parties should contact the clerk of court and provide identification.
What’s a Case ID?
- A state infraction will have 5 digits then two spaces, then ten characters. Example:01071 FECR012345
- A city infraction will have 17 characters with no spaces. Example:01071ERSMCR012345
How do I unsubscribe?
It depends on whether you want to unsubscribe from one case or from many cases:
- To unsubscribe from one case, text "STOP", “UNSUB" <CASE_ID> or “UNSUBSCRIBE" <CASE_ID>” to the number sending the texts.
- To unsubscribe from multiple cases, text "STOP ALL", “UNSUB ALL” or “UNSUBSCRIBE ALL” to the number sending the texts.
You can also contact your county clerk of court office and ask to be removed from the payment reminders.
Are text messages official court communications?
No, these texts are only courtesy reminders. They are not a substitute for official court communications about your debt or payment plan.
How do I pay?
- Pay online at Epayment Search (state.ia.us).
- Pay by phone at 515.348.4788.
For more information about paying your court costs, see Pay a Fine | Iowa Judicial Branch (iowacourts.gov)
What do the texts look like?
What if I have more questions?
See the Pay a Fine or Court Debt page.
Why did I receive a response indicating that I am unable to subscribe?
If you receive a message indicating you were unable to subscribe to notifications for a specific case, verify you have entered the correct case number. If the case number is correct, the case type may not support eReminder notifications or it may be a confidential case.