Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

Worth County Courthouse

In 1879, some years after the organization of the county, an attempt was made to move the county seat from Northwood to the town of Kensett. In order to retain the honor of being the county seat, Northwood raised money for a courthouse and contributed land for the site. A fine brick courthouse was built in Northwood in 1880. The total cost was about $4,400.

The present courthouse, completed in 1893, is solid brick, with a small tower. It was enlarged and remodeled in 1938.

© 2018 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.