The first court sessions in Wright County were held in a log cabin in 1855. When the county seat moved to Liberty, a two-story frame building became the courthouse. In 1866, the county seat again moved, this time to Clarion. The former courthouse in Liberty was torn down in 1913.
The second courthouse was built very well and showed hardly any signs of wear after 50 years. This building was turned into the greater part of the Avondale Hotel.
The third and present courthouse was built for about $50,000 and completed in 1893. The courthouse is three stories high except for the clock tower, which rises high above the multi-gabled roof. It underwent extensive renovation in 1974.