Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

Can I get an extension or payment plan if I cannot pay my fine on the schedule date?

If a fine or fee is not paid within 30 days after the date it is assessed, the court debt is statutorily deemed delinquent.  Iowa law does not allow the court to grant orders for extension.  In order to avoid delinquency, you can set up a payment plan with the court.  Contact the clerk of court office in the county where the violation occurred to inquire about payment plan options.  The Clerk of Court offices are listed on the Court Directory page.

« Back

© 2024 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.