Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content



If you are interested in becoming an Iowa attorney, then we welcome you to our bar. You'll likely want to start with the following webpages:

  • Those of you already licensed in another jurisdiction will find the following pages will be of use:

    • Pro Hac Vice Applications are for use when you are seeking temporary admission to Iowa's courts for a single matter;

    • International Legal Consultants are for those of you who are licensed overseas and wish to advise Iowans on your country's laws;

    • In-House Counsel Admission is something you need to do if you are a lawyer working as an employee for a non-legal services Iowa based employer; and

    • Admission on Motion is what you need to do if you are licensed in a different jurisdiction and want to "waive" in without taking the bar examination.

If you are already an Iowa attorney, then you have definitely come to the right place!

© 2020 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.