Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

How Do I Disburse from My Trust Account?

Disbursements from a trust account must be made by check or by authorized bank transfer.  Iowa Ct. R. 45.2(3)(b)(3).  Any check drawn on the trust account must be payable to a named payee, and never to cash.  Cash withdrawals from a trust account are not permitted.  An authorized bank transfer contemplates the common forms of electronic banking transactions, including an authorized wire transfer, electronic fund transfer, or debit transaction. 

« Back

© 2023 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.