Skip to main content
Iowa Judicial Branch
Main Content

What can the Commission do if it is UPL?

The Commission may file a civil suit to enjoin the respondent from engaging in the actions which constitute the unauthorized practice of law. Please note: The Commission’s actions regarding a complaint of UPL will not help to directly reimburse the victim for any losses they have suffered.  However, the Commission’s actions also do not preclude any private civil remedy available to the victim. Victims should consult a private attorney to determine what, if any, reimbursement may be available.

« Back

© 2024 Iowa Judicial Branch. All Rights Reserved.